Currently, there are a large number of makeup brushes in various shapes, materials and manufacturers, available both in sets and separately. It is important to have an idea of the purpose of each, so that their use brings true pleasure, and the result is excellent.
It is important to be able to choose the right quality brush from all the variety.
A few simple rules will help with this:
1. The clip should fit very tightly to the handle, not wobble, otherwise it may simply fall off at the most inopportune moment.
2. If you pull on the pile, it should never come out of the brush.
3. Do not flatter yourself on the low prices of sets under well-known brands - most likely, this is a fake.
4. It is better not to use the brushes that come with the makeup - usually they are not of good quality.
5. It is important that the brush is tightly packed. If you move the pile away, there should be no more than 1mm gap.
The foundation is applied with a synthetic brush, the shape of which is flat and wide, slightly rounded. Suitable not only for makeup base, but also for foundation or concealer. It is most convenient to apply any liquid and creamy cosmetics with brushes with synthetic bristles, moreover, they last much longer and are very easy to clean compared to natural ones.
A similar brush, but smaller, is used to apply the corrector. It is also useful for subtle sculpting of the face and for applying foundation for eye makeup.
For powder, there are round brushes and kabuki brushes, which differ in essence only in the length of the handle. They can have different pile lengths. Do not use too long and fluffy, as it will not be very convenient to use it on small areas of the face. The material for such tools is preferably natural, it is best to choose squirrel hair, but it is the most expensive. There are more budget options - pony and goat wool.
A fan brush is also useful in the set - it is very convenient for it to apply a thin layer of powder, as well as remove its excess.
When using loose powder, pay attention to a round brush with a flat surface.
To apply blush, you can use both a round brush and a special beveled one (it all depends on personal convenience), which should also consist of natural bristles.
There is a special brush to help you shape your nose. It has an oval shape with a beveled edge.