Not everyone got healthy nails of a beautiful shape from birth, but you can argue with nature and use certain rules to make your nails well-groomed and long.
The length and condition of nails depends on the amount of keratin in the nail plate, which is also a building material for hair and skin. The presence of keratin is due to the amount of sulfur in the body. In addition, the nail plate contains substances such as zinc, selenium, calcium, chromium and phosphorus, as well as thin layers of water and fat.
Causes of slow nail growth
- unbalanced diet or too strict diet, as a result of which the body does not receive a sufficient amount of trace elements, fats and vitamins;
- hormonal imbalance associated with transitional age, pregnancy, menstrual cycle, or thyroid disease;
- the negative effect of chemicals on the nail plate (dishwashing detergents, powders, household chemicals, solvents, etc.);
- professional activities, as a result of which nails are grinded, for example, massage therapists or those who types a lot on the keyboard;
- bad habit of biting or biting nails;
- poor quality nail file or improper use of it.
How to speed up nail growth
For the health and growth of nails, an integrated approach of care procedures and a balanced diet is important.
To accelerate the growth of nails, you need to pay attention to your daily diet - products should contain in sufficient quantities:
- proteins (poultry, fish and animals, seafood, nuts, soybeans and beans);
- calcium (dairy and fermented milk products, wheat germ, broccoli, flax seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds);
- iron (beef, chicken or pork liver, quail eggs, hematogen, dried porcini mushrooms);
- sulfur (hard cheese, chicken eggs, beef liver, sardines, pink salmon);
- vitamin A (red pepper, parsley, apricots) and E (oil from wheat germ, corn, linseed, sesame, hemp);
- phosphorus (rice and wheat bran, pumpkin seeds, soy protein);
- selenium (pistachios, millet, feta cheese, coconut flakes).
Regular intake of nutrients and elements into the body will not only ensure good condition of the nails and their rapid growth, but also have a beneficial effect on overall health. It will not be superfluous to drink special vitamin complexes marked "for nail growth", which can be bought at pharmacies.
Home nail care
At home, using oil baths and masks, you can provide nails with additional nutrition and moisture, as well as stimulate the process of their growth:
- Oil bath. You will need: base oils (it is better to give preference to olive, wheat germ or grape seed), lemon juice and essential oil. Heat a few tablespoons of the base oil in a water bath, add lemon juice and a few drops of any essential oil. Dip your fingers into the bath and hold for 10-15 minutes.
- Iodine bath. You will need: pharmacy iodine (1 teaspoon), sea salt (2 teaspoons), lemon juice (a couple of drops). Mix all ingredients with 1 tbsp. spoon of warm water, mix thoroughly. Dip your fingers for 15 minutes. The bath will perfectly strengthen the nails, allowing them to grow to the required length without delamination.
- Mix with red pepper. You will need: red ground pepper (1 teaspoon), any fatty oil-based cream (2 teaspoons). Mix, rub the resulting mixture with massage movements into the nail plate and the nail zone.