The American company CND, one of the leaders in the production of nail polishes, a few years ago pleased women of fashion with an excellent novelty.
A new coating called Shellac immediately became a global trend in the field of nail design. The product is a hybrid of modern gel and varnish, characterized by stability and durability. It does not provoke allergies, does not harm the health of the nails.
The Shellac procedure, or rather, the coating technology is quite simple, however, experts advise you to try a new manicure in the salon for the first time in order to see all the subtleties of its application. After that, you can already try the coating without the participation of a professional, having previously provided yourself with the necessary tools.
To perform Shellac at home, prepare:
• oil or serum to soften the cuticle;
• stick (preferably orange tree) for cuticle treatment;
• nail clippers and scissors;
• fine-grained files for shaping nails, as well as a sanding block and a polishing file made of glass or leather;
• transparent coating base;
• colorless shellac;
• colored shellac;
• UV lamp for drying the coating;
• 99% alcohol solution (isopropyl);
• shellac remover.
Shellac application procedure:
1. Place the necessary equipment and supplies on a well-lit table.
2. Light up the UV lamp.
3. Take a 5-minute soapy hand bath, rinse your hands with clean warm water and wipe dry.
4. Cover the cuticles of the nail plates with a softening agent. After 3-4 minutes, use a stick to gently push the softened skin to the base of the nail. Carefully trim the overgrown cuticle.
5. Give the nails the desired shape with a file, polish the surface and tips of the nail plates. Shellac looks great on your own and artificial nails, of different lengths and different shapes: almond-shaped, square, "cat", stylet, etc.
6. On each nail, apply an even layer of base coat, which will give the nails extra strength and at the same time even out their surface.
7. Dry the coated nails under a UV lamp. By time - no longer than 15 seconds.
8. Select Shellac of the desired shade and coat your nails with it, making sure that the gel polish lays down in a thin layer and evenly. Dry in a UV lamp for two to three minutes.
9. Apply the color gel polish again, also in a thin layer. And again under the lamp for 2 minutes.
10. Paint over the nails with transparent (also called "top") shellac and after 20 seconds remove it with a swab dipped in an alcohol solution. After such manipulation, your manicure will shine like gloss. Unusually beautiful.
11. The final touch is a light brush massage with any herbal oil or moisturizer.
12. Fashionable manicure is ready. Now your nails are provided with several weeks of bright shine, long-lasting shine and flawless color.
You don't have to go to the salon to rent a Shellac. At home, you can also remove the coating, you will need a special compound that manicurists use to remove gel nails. After treatment with this agent, the coating leaves the marigolds in the form of a film and is easily removed.