Sometimes people do not pay attention to the slight itching in the eyelid area. After a while, this trifling inconvenience develops into a slight swelling at the edge of the eyelid. It grows, and after a couple of days a yellowish head appears on its surface, from which pus is released. This purulent inflammation is especially troublesome if it appears in a pregnant woman.
Before you learn how to get rid of barley, it does not hurt to find out the causes of the disease. It is provoked by a bacterial infection. Where does it come from? In simple terms, it is from the dirt.
Reasons for the appearance of barley
Women have to deal with this ailment more often than men. And all because they do not follow the rules for using cosmetics. Do not use other people's brushes and applicators. And don't give your cosmetics to others. Each product has an expiration date.
Therefore, you cannot use anything after this time has expired. Eyeshadow applicators and brushes need to be cleaned or changed periodically. In addition to this reason, the appearance of barley can cause problems in the immune system and hypothermia. This is why pregnant women should look after their health. Observe the rules of hygiene and regimen, eat only healthy food.
How to get rid of barley - folk methods
If there are no reasons for serious diseases, and barley was the result of a violation of hygiene, then you should use folk remedies. It is impossible to warm the inflammation. It is also prohibited to squeeze out pus.
Barley disposal methods:
- If the barley has not yet appeared, but there is an itching sensation, then you can try this method. Take a glass bottle, pour some triple cologne on the bottom and place the neck against your eye. So hold for three minutes. Repeat three times a day.
- Another way to prevent the disease from developing is to make a lotion from a mixture of water and boric acid (½ cup water per ¼ teaspoon of acid). To prevent the barley from "passing" to the other eye, washing should be started with a healthy one.
- From tincture of calendula, lotions are made on the sore eyelid. To do this, brew one tablespoon of flowers with a glass of boiling water and leave for half an hour.
- To alleviate the condition with an opened abscess, rinse the eye with a decoction of St. John's wort or chamomile herbs. Use a glass of water for a tablespoon of the plant. Boil for three minutes, use warm. To prevent infection, start flushing with a healthy eye.
- Three-time aloe juice lotions during the day. Take a plant that is at least 3 years old. Place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Dilute the juice 1 in 10 with water before use.
- It is useful to rinse the eyes with re-brewed tea. You need to start with a healthy eye.
Experts advise against treating barley on your own. It is better to visit an optometrist first and consult with him. If you have a predisposition to this disease, try to exclude the factors that provoke its occurrence. Especially during pregnancy.
Observe hygiene, take vitamins, and avoid hypothermia. Adhere to a balanced diet, take walks in the fresh air. Only positive emotions are shown to you.