Sea salt is a high quality natural product that helps to maintain not only human health, but also beauty. For a long time, people have known about the benefits of sea salt for the condition of nails.
It is not enough just to paint your nails with varnish to make them look well-groomed. If your nails are weakened, then cosmetic measures will not solve the problem. Of course, it is not enough to use sea salt and immediately expect instant results. Here you need to start with the root causes - to think over the diet, take vitamins, provide the body with all the necessary substances for health.
The benefits of sea salt for nails
Used properly, sea salt will strengthen nails, relieve stress, moisturize your skin, reduce muscle pain and saturate your blood with minerals. And all thanks to the unique composition of the salt. A large amount of minerals provide the healing properties of this product. These are mainly: potassium, sodium, magnesium, iodine, calcium, bromine.
Strengthening nails with salt should be carried out in courses, following simple rules:
- the water should be warm, about 40 degrees;
- the duration of the procedure is no more than 20 minutes;
- observe the proportions - for 200 ml of warm water 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sea salt;
- the course should consist of 10 procedures, it is optimal to carry them out every day;
- alternate salt baths with other strengthening procedures, for example, oil masks;
- after the procedure, apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream to the skin of your hands so that the nail plate does not dry out.
You can add different essential oils to the salt baths to enhance the effect of the treatments. But the most useful oils are coniferous and citrus fruits (no more than 3 drops per bath).
If after the course you have not noticed a positive effect (activation of nail growth, reduction of fragility, lamination), then you should consult a doctor in order to find deeper causes of weak nails.