Frequent hair drying with a hairdryer, the use of irons, corrugation, and tongs when styling makes the hair dry, brittle, lifeless. To reduce the negative effects of high temperatures on hair, you can use thermal protection products.
Types of thermal protective cosmetics
Probably, there are no women who would not use stylers when styling. They help you get your hair done quickly, but at the same time adversely affect the condition of the hair. Be sure to take measures to protect them, otherwise, instead of beautiful curls, you will get tough, straw-dry strands. Reliable protection - thermal agents, they retain moisture in the hair, protect them from high temperatures.
To reduce the risk of damage, choose a good thermal protection product that takes good care of your hair. There is a large selection of care products on sale and you need to figure it out, understand which one is best for your hair type. The main selection criterion should not be the price, but the structure of the curls.
Thermal protective professional cosmetics are of two types:
1. Washable, used during or after washing hair - these are shampoos, conditioners, lotions, rinses, masks. They are applied before washing or while shampooing.
2. Indelible - it includes balms, mousses, foams, sprays, serums, creams, fluids, gels. Use immediately before styling.
What means to give preference
The choice of caring cosmetics depends on the type of hair:
1. In case of excessive dryness, it is recommended to choose oil, cream, lotion, milk with a thermal effect. They will protect hair from dehydration, make it strong and elastic.
2. For fine colored hair, a balm with a high level of protection is a good choice.
3. For owners of heavy oily hair, it is better to use balms, gels, foams, sprays with a light structure.
4. For those who rarely use power tools for styling, mousse or foam is suitable. The tool will return shine to dull hair, make it lush and obedient.
Leave-ons are considered to perform better with the protection function. The first in the ranking of this series is the spray, for the simple reason that it is convenient to use: it is sprayed onto the hair and evenly distributed along the length. The spray protects hair from brittleness, dryness, restores shine. The products of the brands ESTEL, GLISS KUR have received good reviews.
Provides permanent fixation spray of the German company SCHWARZKOPF. The volume is created by means of the brand L'OREAL, MATRIX. To restore damaged hair, you should pay attention to the DOVE brand. When using the Lisap Milano Ultimate Straight Fluid smoothing spray, even an iron is not needed, the hair is obediently straightened with a hairdryer.
Home Spray Recipes
Home sprays, which you can prepare yourself using the simplest available ingredients, will completely replace professional thermocosmetics.
1. It will not take long to prepare a spray of nettle, green tea, chamomile. Chamomile can be replaced with burdock, St. John's wort, celandine. Pour two teaspoons of dry herbs into a thermos, pour half a liter of boiling water there, leave for 40 minutes. Then pour into a container, cool, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and half a spoonful of boric alcohol. For perfume, you can add any essential oil. Pour into a bottle with a spray bottle, use as needed.
2. Easy to use but very effective lemon thermal spray. Combine a quarter glass of water and the juice of one lemon. Boil the liquid until the volume is reduced by half. Use before styling.
3. Reliably protect the curls with a salt spray on sage infusion: steam 10 g of grass with a glass of boiling water, let it brew. After an hour, add a teaspoon of sea or table iodized salt to the tincture, add 3-4 drops of essential oil for aroma. The thermal spray is ready.
Professional protective cosmetics plus home remedies and hair is not afraid of any high temperatures.